At Hiltz Propane Systems, we believe innovation starts with the consumer. This approach has propelled our success in developing real-world solutions that impact our customer’s daily lives. We are seeking an experienced engineer to help drive our solution-based business model and take our designs to the next level. In this role, you will join our development team, managing projects from concept to completion.
- Oversees various aspects of design, workflow, staffing, and budget allocation.
- Collaborates with project staff to create a strategic action plan and cost estimates of materials, time, labor, and other resources required to complete the project.
- Facilitates and contributes to the development of project plans and designs.
- Recommends and/or analyzes materials, equipment, and practices used in the project.
- Supervises progress of development design.
- Compares the actual cost of development project to estimates.
- Collaborates with design group to change plans if challenges arise.
- Analyzes equipment, systems, processes, and systems to identify modifications to improve efficiency, increase quality, and reduce costs.
- Prepares periodic progress and cost reports for leadership.
- Ensures compliance with codes, guidelines, best practices, and policies.
- Collaborates with the operations department to identify and troubleshoot problems.
- Collaborates with other project engineers to share problems and solutions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Work in partnership with our Senior Engineer, learning LPG bulk plant design requirements.
- Willingness to achieve a P.E. registration in the states Hiltz operates.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent budgeting and cost containment skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet demanding deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with AutoCAD Suite.
- Basic understanding of NFPA 58, NFPA 59, and the International Fire Code
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related engineering discipline required.
- At least three years of experience in project management, engineering, systems design, or other related field.
- Experience in the Energy field, preferably propane.
- Registered P.E. in any Eastern U.S. state is a plus.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Willing to travel to project sites within the Eastern U.S.
- Must be able to manually operate valving, or other similar components, and possibly assist with specialized installations.