Reporting to the Site or Facility Manager, the Laborer fills a varied role that includes construction activities on bulk propane storage installations, steel tank refurbishment, and general grounds repair and maintenance.
- Install and verify operation of piping, valves, meters and related storage equipment.
- Refurbishment and preparation of steel tanks including pressure washing, media blasting, priming, and painting
- Maintain serviceability and repair of company’s assets including property, vehicles and tooling.
- Manage and organize parts inventory
- Drive service vehicle to various locations
- Repair and maintain tools and equipment
- Maintain an adequate inventory of supplies and materials for operations assigned
- Complete logs, reports, work orders, requisitions, and other records and communications as required
- Work as a team member to carry out project requirements.
- Read and interpret project plans and specifications
- Operate heavy equipment and other construction duties as necessary
- Must ensure a solid understanding of and compliance with the principles of the company’s Code of Ethics.
- Other duties as assigned
- Interpersonal skills
- Time Management
- Heavy Equipment Operation
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work in the elements and in environments containing:
a. Chemical Factors: Dust, Fumes.
b. Personal Protection Equipment: Eye/face, Foot, Hand, Hearing Protection and Respirators if required.
- Ability to lift loads up to 50lbs, traverse construction sites, climb stairs and ladders, and enter confined spaces.