Propane Service Technician
Responsible for the maintenance, diagnosis, and repair of many types of propane bulk storage tanks and propane supply systems at our customer’s locations. This front-line field position ensures provides a high level of customer satisfaction and safety. Additionally, may assist with bulk tank setting and removal, transportation functions and bulk plant and/or vehicle maintenance.
The Location: The Hiltz Propane Systems headquarters is in Marietta, PA but our geographic footprint extends throughout the East and Midwest. This position involves traveling, primarily in our core territory.
- Troubleshoots, services, repairs and maintains many varieties of propane systems.
- Assists other technicians and/or other employees as needed
- Resolves customer concerns or complaints in a professional and helpful manner and provides customers with solutions to safety-related needs
- Ensures the safe use of company service vehicles. Utilizes company equipment safely and properly
- Understands, follows and advocates company policies and local, state and federal rules, regulations, and codes pertaining to the safe installation and service of propane equipment
- Performs inspections and testing of propane systems and places propane systems in and out of service as necessary.
- Completes required paperwork and documentation in a professional and legible manner
- Represents the company professionally and respectfully in all interactions with customers and with the general public
- Ensures the appearance and condition of company vehicles, equipment, tools, and other assets are safe, clean and maintained
- Attends and participates in company training programs
- Involved in special projects from time to time, depending on business need. Responsible for any other tasks and duties as assigned, which may or may not relate to service.
- Technical skills
- Trouble shooting and problem solving
- Clear and effective communication
- Alertness and conscientiousness
- Courteous, responsive
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of two years related service work
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to work at heights greater than 12 feet, stand, walk, lift, carry up to 70 pounds, climb ladders, enter confined spaces, squat, crouch, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.